The Detroit/Wayne County Port Authority (DWCPA) was established to plan, develop, and promote Detroit as a freight transportation and distribution hub for U.S. Midwest and southwestern Ontario businesses and their customers and vendors, for the purpose of fostering economic growth in the City of Detroit, Wayne County, and the State of Michigan.
In 1701, Detroit was founded by Antoine de La MoThe Cadillac when he planted the flag of France at the foot of what is now Griswold Street. Detroit's geographic location between the upper and lower Great Lakes provided reliable access to several key forest, soil and mining materials. In 1749, concerted efforts were begun to strengthen the French hold on the Ohio territory....
Location: 42° 19' 37" N, 83° 02' 29" W
The DWCPA Public Terminal is proud to offer one of the finest docking facilities on the Great Lakes. Our dock can accommodate vessels up to 500’ in length and provides electrical hook-up, pump-out, waste disposal, and water services. For more information, or to make a reservation, please contact us today at 313-259-5091.